Privacy Notice for the Collection of Data in Public Spaces in association with NVIDIA Corporation
Valid from August 2023
Jaguar Land Rover is one of the world’s leading producers of premium cars. Innovation and design give our customers experiences they love for life – anticipating and exceeding their needs and expectations. Quality and excellence are our hallmarks. Taking care of our customers is paramount.
We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our websites and whose data we control. This Privacy Notice explains how we use personal data we collect from public spaces and informs you of your data protection rights.
Jaguar Land Rover Limited (“JLR”) and NVIDIA Corporation (NVIDIA) (together “we”, “us”) have legitimate business interests (“legitimate interests”) in their use of data collected in public roads and spaces to facilitate the research and development of advanced driver-assistance systems and autonomous vehicles as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- a) Data Controllers: Jaguar Land Rover Limited, whose registered office is at: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF, England, and whose registered number is: 1672070; and NVIDIA Corporation whose registered office is at: 2788 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA; together acting as Joint Controllers.
- b) Vehicle data: Camera, Radio Detection and Ranging (RADAR), Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR),Global Positioning System (GPS), ultrasonic sensors and time stamps.
- c) Personal data: Whilst the purpose of the data collection is not to process or analyse the personal data of individuals, we acknowledge that its collection may be incidental in the following scenarios: - Likeness of individuals who are within the camera field of view during operation. - Vehicle license plates that are within the camera field of view during operation. All our vehicles equipped to record this data are identified with a sticker/sign on sides. Due to scheduling of work on a day-to-day basis and the specification of the equipment we use, a vehicle may have a sticker/sign on it but there may not be a camera fitted that day or the camera is not recording.
- d) Time Period: We wil keep your personal data for as long as we need it to pursue our interests described in this Privacy Notice. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, meet service or contract commitments, respond to queries and resolve any disputes, to meet our legitimate interests and to enforce our rights. The criteria we use to determine storage periods include the following: contractual provisions that are in force, legal statutory limitation periods, applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- e) Purposes of processing and data sharing: We will process data recorded in public spaces for the purposes of facilitating the research and development of advanced driver-assistance systems and autonomous vehicles. JLR will share data with NVIDIA for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also use a number of service suppliers to support this initiative for example information technology and hosting providers.
- f) Storage location The data we collect will be stored in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA), the European Economic Area (“EEA”), as well as other locations, to the extent required for us or our service providers to meet the project objectives. Where personal data is shared outside of the UK and/or the EEA, we apply safeguards to add to the data protections that apply to those data transfers. This includes an assessment of the adequacy of the third country in question, use of European Commission approved (or where applicable, UK approved) model contract terms where appropriate.
- g) Your rights as a data subject Data recorded in public spaces is collected to provide a representation of real-world driving scenarios. This means that in our systems individuals, vehicles and other objects are only identified in the general sense (e.g. as a 'pedestrian') the data is not gathered for, nor does JLR have any means of, identifying any given individual. You have rights in connection with your personal data, including: to be informed and have access to your personal data, to correct or complete inaccurate data, and in certain circumstances to restrict, request erasure, object to processing, or request portability of your personal data to another organisation. If you do need or want to get in touch with us for any reason regarding your data protection rights, please get in touch using email addresses below, and add into the subject header that it relates to your data protection rights.:
If you are not satisfied, you also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in the UK. You can get in touch with the ICO in any of the following ways: By going to their website: www.ico.org.uk By giving them a call on 0303 123 1113 or by writing to them. Their address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF. The Data Protection Commission (DPC) is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in Ireland. You can get in touch with the DPC in any of the following ways: By going to their website: www.dataprotection.ie By giving them a call on: 01 7650100 or by writing to them. Their address is Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2D02 RD28, Ireland
- h) Profiling No profiling will take place as part of this initiative.
- i) Policy updates We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please refer back to this webpage for any updates: https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/privacy-policy-nvidia-test-drive