Image
INTRODUCING DEFENDER OCTA   THE NEW MASTER OF EXTREME PERFORMANCE ON- AND OFF-ROAD
Vehicle
Vehicle Trim Level
Vehicle Year
Description
Introducing a new hero for the original British adventure brand Defender: New Defender OCTA. The toughest, most capable and most luxurious model in the unstoppable 4x4 family, taking the capability of Defender 110 to an unparalleled level.
Image Format

5 July 2024

  • Wholesales in Q1 FY25 were 97,755 units, up 5% vs Q1 FY24
  • Retail sales in Q1 FY25 were 111,180 units, up 9% vs Q1 FY24
  • The mix of Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Defender has increased to 68% of total wholesale volumes and to 59% of total retail sales
  • The waiting list for the new Range Rover Electric continues to grow, with over 39,000 sign ups

Gaydon, UK, 5 July 2024 – JLR today reports an increase in sales for the first quarter of FY25 (three‑month period to 30 June 2024) compared to a year ago, reflecting sustained demand for its vehicles.

Wholesale volumes of 97,755 units in the first quarter of FY25 (excluding the Chery Jaguar Land Rover China JV) were up 5% compared to the same quarter a year ago, while retail sales of 111,180 units in the first quarter (including the Chery Jaguar Land Rover China JV) grew 9% compared to the same quarter a year ago.  

Wholesales of Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models increased in the first quarter by 22% and 46% respectively versus the previous year, due to the new body shop increasing production capacity in Solihull, West Midlands. The overall mix of the most profitable Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Defender models increased to 68% of total wholesale volumes, as part of the company’s focus on value within its Reimagine strategy.

Compared to the prior year, retail sales in the quarter were up 43% in North America, 14% in the UK and 4% in Europe.  

Compared to the previous quarter ended 31 March 2024, wholesale volumes and retail sales declined by 11% and 3% respectively, reflecting the cyclical fluctuation in volumes between Q4 and Q1.  

The waiting list for the new Range Rover Electric continues to grow, with over 39,000 clients now signed up. The new Defender OCTA was revealed this week with a limited number of prospective clients to be invited to one of seven exclusive events to experience the product.  

JLR will report full financial results for Q1 FY25 at the end of July / beginning of August.

Additional volume detail is available on the Investor Relations pages of the JLR website. 

Further information

JLR 

David Wrottesley 

JLR Global External Communications Manager 

M: +44 (0)7387 252154 

E: dwrottes@jaguarlandrover.com 

JLR Media  

E: jlrmedia@jaguarlandrover.com 

T: +44 (0)24 7536 1000 

Investor Enquiries: 

Claire Bird 

Assistant Treasurer, Funding and Investor Relations 

E: investor@jaguarlandrover.com 

Headland Consultancy 

Susanna Voyle  

 M: +44 (0)7980 894557 

E: svoyle@headlandconsultancy.com 

 Bryony Sim  

E: bsim@headlandconsultancy.com 

M: +44 (0)7825 156291 

JLR PR Social Channels:  

X: @jaguarlandrover 

LinkedIn: @JaguarLandRover 

Notes to Editors

JLR’s Reimagine strategy is delivering a sustainability‑rich vision of modern luxury by design. 

We are transforming our business to become carbon net zero across our supply chain, products, and operations by 2039. We have set a roadmap to reduce emissions across our own operations and value chains by 2030 through approved, science‑based targets. Electrification is central to this strategy and before the end of the decade our Range Rover, Discovery and Defender collections will each have a pure electric model, while Jaguar will be entirely electric. 

At heart we are a British company, with two design and engineering sites, three vehicle manufacturing facilities, an electric propulsion manufacturing centre and a battery assembly centre in the UK. We also have vehicle plants in China (a joint venture), Slovakia, Austria (contract manufacturing with Magna Steyr), India (contract manufacturing with Tata Motors Ltd) and Brazil, as well as seven technology hubs across the globe. 

JLR is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors Limited, part of Tata Sons.