- Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to technical excellence delivers future-proof software for all its new customers
- Software-over-the-air (SOTA) functionality is now standard on all Jaguar and Land Rover models, enabling future infotainment system updates to be made without having to visit a Retailer
- Latest level Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo infotainment software now includes Smartphone Pack – which features Apple CarPlay®, depending on market applicability – as standard and with no subscription fees
- Smartphone Pack also includes Android Auto™ and Baidu CarLife, depending on market applicability, as standard and with no subscription fees
- Existing Jaguar and Land Rover customers worldwide offered complimentary SOTA capability and latest level Touch Pro / Touch Pro Duo infotainment upgrades on compatible models
- Complimentary upgrades for existing customers also include Smartphone Pack
- Enhancements available on vehicles built with Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo infotainment from 2016 model year onwards, including​Jaguar XE, XF, XJ,
E-PACE, F-PACE, I-PACE and F-TYPE; Land Rover Discovery and Discovery Sport; Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Velar and Evoque
Thursday, 28 November 2019, Whitley, UK: As part of our on-going transformation in connected services capability, every new Jaguar and Land Rover model now has Software-over-the-air capability (SOTA) as standard. This will give every customer the ability to receive future software updates to their vehicle without having to visit their Retailer – including the latest level Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo infotainment systems, both of which now feature Smartphone Pack with Apple CarPlay® as standard and with no subscription fees.
Smartphone Pack also includes Android Auto™ and Baidu CarLife, depending on market applicability, as standard.
Jaguar Land Rover is also offering SOTA capability, and Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo infotainment upgrades – including Smartphone Pack – to nearly half a million existing customers worldwide. These complimentary updates are compatible with most vehicles made from the 2016 model year onwards.
We are passionate about creating and delivering the latest technology to our customers. Building on the connected capability of our new Defender, we have made our pioneering software-over-the-air capability for infotainment updates standard on all our vehicles.
Of course, we want our existing customers to benefit from the latest connected features as well, which is why we are offering them a complimentary upgrade to enable this capability on their vehicles too, together with the latest updates for their Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo infotainment systems. At Jaguar Land Rover, our vision is to create experiences people love for life, putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. This programme is just one way in which we are making that commitment clear.
Director Product Engineering
As well Smartphone Pack, which enables customers to use compatible apps on their smartphones – such as music streaming, navigation and text message dictation – via the vehicle’s touchscreen, the very latest versions of the Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo system software makes operation quicker, easier, and more intuitive.
Following the upgrades, customers will be able to benefit from future infotainment system software updates without having to visit their Retailer. Instead, customers will be able to quickly and easily download new software themselves via a micro SIM card in the vehicle, or through a Wi-Fi connection.
Customers with 2019-2020 Model Year vehicles will already have SOTA functionality integrated into their infotainment systems.