- Jaguar Classic’s team of experts has reproduced the original specification E-type toolkit as the perfect finishing touch for collectors and buyers of the iconic sports car
- Available as new for the first time in almost 50 years thanks to Jaguar Classic’s unique access to historic records, ensuring absolute authenticity
- Presented in heavy-duty leatherette/canvas tool roll, it features vital maintenance tools including a valve timing gauge and grease gun. Priced from £732 in UK
- All items tested to Jaguar Classic’s rigorous production standards and are covered by the manufacturer’s standard aftermarket parts and accessories warranty
- Jaguar branded item is also offered as an option with E-type Reborn restorations
- Order direct from the new Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts online shop: www.parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com
- Meet the Jaguar Classic Parts team on Stand 750 (Hall 2) at the Classic Motor Show, held at The NEC Birmingham, 8-10 November
Ryton-on-Dunsmore, UK – 5 November 2019: Jaguar Classic is reintroducing the original
Jaguar E-type toolkit, making it available for the first time in nearly 50 years.
The owner’s toolkit was originally offered with Series 1 and Series 2 E-types and hasn’t been available since the final Series 2 was produced in 1971. Complete original toolkits are highly collectible rarities, fetching as much as £5,000.
Now, thanks to their unique access to engineering records, Jaguar Classic’s Genuine Parts experts have reproduced the toolkit to authentic specifications. The Jaguar branded tools come in a period-correct leatherette-covered canvas roll, and feature all items needed to carry out routine maintenance on the iconic sports car. The reproduction toolkit is priced from £732 in the UK.
The original E-type toolkit has become a collector’s item thanks to its rarity and historic appeal. We’ve had customers across the world contact us about obtaining one, which is why we decided to manufacture the toolkits again to their original specification. It’s the perfect finishing touch for E-type aficionados.
Director of Jaguar Classic
The tools included in the Jaguar Classic E-type Toolkit are:
- Adjustable spanner
- Tyre valve key
- Tyre pressure gauge
- Points screwdriver
- Feeler gauge
- Three-piece screwdriver
- Spanner ¾ x 7/8 AF
- Spanner 9/16 x 5/8 AF
- Spanner ½ x 7/16 AF
- Spanner 11/32 x 3/8 AF
- Box Spanner 7/16 x ½
- Box Spanner 9/16 x 5/8
- Box Spanner ¾ x 7/8
- Sparking plug spanner
- Tommy bars (one short, one long)
- Valve timing gauge
- Grease gun
- Handbrake adjusting wrench
- Brake bleed tin and tube
The E-type toolkit can be purchased directly from the recently-launched Jaguar Land Rover Classic online parts shop: www.parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com, which gives access to more than 50,000 Jaguar Land Rover Classic Genuine Parts and accessories including E-type body panels and the Jaguar Classic Infotainment System.
The toolkit is also offered as an option for E-type Reborn restoration customers. E-type Reborn is a complete service from Jaguar Classic, offering the unique opportunity to buy a fully restored and highly collectible E-type direct from the vehicle’s original manufacturer.​
Every E-type Reborn, which starts with a base vehicle sourced by Jaguar Classic’s E-type experts, is restored according to the company’s original 1960s factory specification. Unique access to build records, original drawings, and the team’s decades of experience ensures absolute authenticity, which has resulted in E-type Reborn restorations winning concours awards in Europe and North America in 2019. Jaguar Classic Parts are used to maximise the vehicle’s quality, longevity and collectability.
For more information on the full range of cars, services, parts and experiences offered by Jaguar Classic, visit: www.jaguar.com/classic