We’re pleased to say that we’ve marked some significant achievements over the last few years.
We're proud to have been awarded Responsible Business of the Year 2013 by the UK’s Business in the Community (BITC). An accolade that recognises all the progress we've made in recent years – letting us know that we’re heading in the right direction.
We have made significant improvements in a number of areas, reducing our environmental impacts compared to 2007 levels: (as at March 2013)
- Tailpipe CO2 down by 21%
- Operational carbon emissions per vehicle down by 21%
- Waste to landfill per vehicle down by 75%
- Water use per vehicle down by 17%
- Carbon emissions from logistics down by 18% per vehicle
- The Jaguar Land Rover CO2 offset programme has also replaced more than 6.5 million tonnes of CO2 over the last six years by funding no less than 60 sustainable development projects - positively impacting the lives of over 1 million people. (as at March 2013)
We have also seen the positive benefits we have been able to bring to our communities, having far reaching impacts:
- In the area of education, Jaguar Land Rover are proud to have won the national BITC 'Education Award' 2013 which recognises businesses that are building sustainable partnerships with schools to raise aspirations of young people and enable them to build successful working lives.
- In addition, Jaguar Land Rover is the only car manufacturer in the UK to have achieved the highly regarded CommunityMark. Awarded by BITC, the CommunityMark is widely recognised as the national standard of excellence for community investment and was given in recognition of our considerable investment in community programmes, including our Education Business Partnership Centres and national educational initiatives.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved but with the global landscape changing we must climb higher. The Jaguar Land Rover Sustainability Reports lay out the progress we’ve made towards our vision, as well as the ambitious targets we’re now working towards.