- Jaguar Land Rover delivers strongest ever half year sales performance, retailing 240,372 vehicles in the first half of 2014, up 14% year-on-year
- More vehicles delivered in the first six months of 2014 than in the whole of 2010
- Jaguar sells 43,587 vehicles in the first six months, up 16% year-on-year
- Land Rover sells 196,785 vehicles year to date, up 14% year-on-year
- In the month of June, Jaguar Land Rover retailed 39,594 vehicles, 17% up year-on-year
- Export growth recognised through Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles, delivered its strongest ever half year sales performance, retailing 240,372 vehicles January to June 2014, up 14% versus the same period last year. The company delivered more vehicles in the past six months than in the whole of 2010. In the month of June, Jaguar Land Rover retailed 39,594 vehicles, 17% up year-on-year.
Making even more customers feel "Alive", Jaguar sales rose 16% year-on-year, retailing 43,587 vehicles in the calendar year to date and 7,595 in the month of June alone.
Land Rover strengthened its position as a world-leading manufacturer of all-terrain SUVs, going "Above and Beyond" with six-month Land Rover sales reaching 196,785 vehicles, up 14% year-on-year. In June, Land Rover sold 31,999 vehicles, up 18% with strong performances across the range.
In June, Jaguar Land Rover was recognised for its sustained sales success through the 2014 Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade. During the first six months of the year, Jaguar Land Rover models have received more than 50 international awards.
Commenting on the half year sales performance, Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director, said: "It is very encouraging to see both of our Jaguar and Land Rover brands delivering such strong performances for the first half of 2014. Range Rover Sport sales are up remarkably since last year and, 21 months since it was rolled out, the Range Rover remains strong, with sales performance continuing to grow year-on-year. Our top-selling model, the Range Rover Evoque, also continues to show solid growth. For Jaguar, the F-Type continues to drive sales and raise brand awareness with more customers around the world."
Jaguar Land Rover continues to deliver on its strategic growth plans, which will see the company investing in 50 new product actions over the next five years. This includes £1.5 billion to introduce an all-new, technically-advanced aluminium vehicle architecture in forthcoming models, beginning with the new Jaguar XE premium sedan to be manufactured from 2015 at the company's Solihull facility. The new Land Rover Discovery Sport, which will go on sale in 2015, will be the most versatile and capable vehicle in the compact SUV segment. It is the first member of an all-new family of Discovery vehicles, inspired by the Discovery Vision Concept which was showcased at the New York International Auto Show in April.
Notes to editors:
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £3.5bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2015.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
For more information, please visit www.newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com or contact:
Joan Chesney, Senior Communications Officer
M: + 44 (0)7467 448 229 E: email@example.com
Kelly Mundee, Communications Officer
M: +44 (0) 7880 182287 E: firstname.lastname@example.org