• Jaguar Land Rover sells 210,190 vehicles during the first six months of 2013, up 14%.
• Strong half year performances in all regions with Asia Pacific up 26% and China, UK, US and Overseas regions all showing double digit growth.
• Result reflects the strong reception for New Range Rover and Jaguar F-TYPE
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles has sold 210,190 vehicles during the first six months of 2013, an increase of 14% versus the same period last year. This result was supported by a positive performance in June with sales up 7% globally.
June year-to-date sales were up for Jaguar Land Rover in every major region: Asia Pacific up 26%, Overseas up 18%, UK and China Region both up 16%, North America up 13%, and Europe up 6%.
Commenting on the half year performance Phil Popham, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said “It is very encouraging to see both our Jaguar and Land Rover brands delivering strong sales performances across our 178 markets. New model introductions have been incredibly well received with the all-new Range Rover retailing more than 22,000 units since launch.
“The F-TYPE which received a rapturous reception from media during its global launch last month is off to an excellent start with new customers and will go on sale in China this month”.
Jaguar Half Year Sales Highlights
• Jaguar half year retail sales up 29%.
• China has seen Jaguar sales surge towards 8,000 units, surpassing the 2012 full year total in the first half of the year.
• 1,000 F-TYPE sports cars sold in June alone.
• Jaguar U.S. up 59% to achieve best June sales performance since 2006.
• XF and XF Sportbrake sales increasing on the appeal of new powertrains and All Wheel Drive.
Jaguar sold 37,636 vehicles in the first six months of 2013, up 29%. This reflects the impact of the all-new Jaguar F-TYPE which has sold almost 3,000 units since launch and sales of XF which, at 24,099 units reflects the positive impact of the 3.0 V6 and 2.0 4-cylinder petrol engines, AWD and Sportbrake derivatives. Jaguar
demonstrated strong growth in all of the major regions: China Region up 85%, UK up 22%, North America up 23%, Asia Pacific up 21%, and Overseas up 20% and Europe up 13%.
In June, Jaguar sold 6,574 vehicles up 34% with performances in each major region as follows: China up 102%, North America up 64%, Asia Pacific up 24%, UK up 16%, Overseas up 13% and Europe down 5% owing to the difficult economic trading conditions in some markets.
Land Rover Half Year Sales Highlights
• Land Rover half year sales up 11%.
• Growth continues across Asia Pacific and Overseas, with exceptional sales performance in markets like Brazil, Russia, South Africa and India.
• US records highest first six months in the history of the brand retailing 22,984.
• Approaching 61,000 Range Rover Evoque vehicles sold globally this year.
• All new Range Rover Sport first customer delivery in July
Land Rover sold 172,554 vehicles in the first six months of 2013, up 11% with positive performances in all major regions: Asia Pacific up 28%, Overseas up 18%, UK up 15%, North America up 10%, China up 6%, and Europe up 5%. Freelander 2 continues to deliver a strong performance with retail sales for the period up 28%.
In June, Land Rover sold 27,165 vehicles up 2% despite the run out of Range Rover Sport. Freelander 2 was again a strong performer with retails up 13%, and Discovery 4 continues to deliver, up 9%. Regional performances are as follows: Asia Pacific up 36%, UK up 10%, China region was flat and both North American and Europe showed minor softening as a direct result of the Range Rover Sport run out.